Ever since Rose's special dinner a few weeks ago my kids have been trying to angle for their own celebration. I've heard a ton of reasons why they should be given one. To which I reply, "Well when your teacher sends me a personal note singing your praises we'll celebrate." I didn't get a special note but seminary report cards were handed out and to our surprise our son who absolutely hates to wake-up for seminary (but does it anyway) and who sleeps in the car on the way to the church and on the way home, must not be falling asleep in class.
This year the Church requires the kids to pass a mid-term and final. The boys have 30-35 kids in their seminary class for our ward and out of them only 3 earned a 100% on the seminary mid-term. Nathan was one of them, pretty impressive!! Especially because the other two students were seniors.
Rose was very sweet and happy to help me set the table for this special dinner.Poor Darin, he is the one who is most anxious about getting his special dinner. He swears to me that I should at least be hearing from his Chemistry teacher. He was good-natured about celebrating Nathan though.
Since this was Nathan's celebration I made him fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, asparagus, and pazookies for dessert. It may not seem like the fanciest dinner but it was all the homemade good stuff and more importantly all of his favorites. Instead of sparkling cider I chilled his favorite Cream Soda.
A few days later I brought in breakfast for the seminary class. Biscuits and Gravy and Breakfast Tacos. I am so happy that our boys love to learn the gospel even at 6 am in the morning!!



No comments:
Post a Comment