Monday, February 20, 2012

LOVING School

February was an awesome month of preschool for Ginger!  We stopped doing the co-op preschool in January because it just became too much with everything we have going on.  Just in January I had 21 doctor appointments to take children too.  Something had to give when Nathan's seizures caused a huge round of testing, etc.  I also stopped trading off with my friend Lisa too, which was sad.

I kept Ginger in her Wednesday preschool class with Miss Charity.  She really looked forward to it every week.  They had a sweet little Valentine's Day Party.  I love how Miss Charity always gave the children a chance to show their Mom's their fun stations.
 Ginger is sorting her mail.  She totally loves anything to do with Mail!
 This is Ginger with Miss Charity.
 Ginger with her Valentine's Day Bag.
 Opening all her little love notes.
As I said Ginger loved the Mail Unit at preschool.  I think she would go to that center every single day during free time.  We have gotten about 1000 letters all year from her.  She does it when she is at home too.  It's super cute!
 So happy to give Mom and Dad their mail.  It was invitations to the Valentine's Party!
A sign of a super good preschool is when she comes homes and crashes.  She was going to keep playing school, but that only lasted 5 minute:-)  I love how she surrounded herself with her backpack and books.
I should note that Ginger still has another year at home before Kindergarten because of her birthday.  She is super ready for it and we debated about sending her to a private kindergarten but I just want to have another year home with her.  Next year we will do a homeschool Kindergarten program.

Ginger has been begging me to teach her how to read or to do Rose's sightwords.  I feel like this whole year I have been trying to hold her back so I could get Rose a good foundation and not have them compete.  It's been really hard for Ginger and she is soooooo ready.  Just like normal she is in such a hurry to grow up and be a big girl.

No comments: