For Rose's 100th day of school she had to count out and bring 100 of something. She chose to count out 100 colored noodles and make them into a necklace. Counting them out into a pile of 100 was easy-peasey for our big kindergartner girl. Threading them onto a string was a different matter. It took forever! But she was determined and had alot of fun doing it for an hour +.

I should also note that Rose was very into her patterning too. She has learned so much this year! Math is totally one of her strong points. Which isn't a huge surprise given that is also her parents and brothers strengths. I think it stems from us always playing games, so the logic of math is always appealing to our kiddos.

Ginger threaded her own necklace too.

I'm so glad that I didn't estimate and snip off a length of ribbon for her to thread. I would have been seriously mistaken as to how long 100 noodles are when they are strung together. This baby wrapped around her three times and was long enough to jump rope with. Look at that expression, she was so proud!

My goodness, what a model!

Ginger too! I don't know where they got the gene to strike a pose but they do it so naturally!
Ginger doesn't have her necklace because she tried to give it to Phoebe. Two seconds later Phoebe started munching on the noodles. Her and Ginger are two of a kind in that respect. Ginger loves to eat uncooked spaghetti noodles, like I can bribe her into doing chores if I say that I will give them to her. Maybe it's because I keep them high up in our cupboard, so she has always thought they were a treat. It's really weird.
Anyway, here is our pretty girl!

For the school celebration they were supposed to dress like a 100 yr old. This is Rose's interpretation of a 100 yr old.

She wanted me to put her hair in a bun. She really debated about having me spray paint her hair white, but changed her mind at the last minute.

Here is Rose with all the old geezers from her class:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment