We had gotten the kids new bikes before Christmas because they had outgrown them. We still had Rose's old bike around and Ken had taken off her training wheels on it months before but she never rode it. Or so we thought!
Apparently for the past month or so whenever the girls have gone outside to ride bikes with her brothers she has been practicing with her old bike. With a little help from her brothers she had totally learned how to ride her bike!
So, Ken is calling me on the phone all excited about how Rose can ride her bike. I reach over and tell Nathan all about it and he say, "Oh that, she's been doing it for a month." No big deal or anything. And so we realized our children are pretty much raising each other now. Which is sweet, but also very sad. I mean really who gets jealous of their older kids having more time to play with their younger kids??? Well, we do! I mean they are our children after all and it would be nice to feel needed!!!
The boys have gotten very good at long-boarding now too. They have wanted to get a Long-board ever since Jason taught them last summer. We got them some for Christmas and they love it. Especially since the weather is pretty perfect for outdoor activities in Texas right now. And this is yet another example of being useless to our children! I don't know why I have all these hopes and dreams that we will be able to teach them and show them the world.
This video is of the boys Long-Boarding







No comments:
Post a Comment