We don't really ever hear many complaints of "I'm Bored!" when the kids are on vacation. Rose and Ginger are really the only ones who might mention it. Mainly because they are still young and haven't quite put it together that they when they say things like that then Mom and Dad will be more the happy to oblige them with extra chores. I would HATE to have a bored child after all!
Instead Darin and Nathan won't say it but will ACT completely bored and starting bugging each other. Because apparently the couch that folds out into a queen size bed is not big enough for two teens to lounge on without touching each other. Irregardless of the fact that there is a whole other couch in the room too!
Doesn't Darin look like he is plotting...he was in fact plotting!
And Nathan has sweet and innocent down to a perfection.Acting, that is...then he kicks his brother.
I was going to run to Ken and get him to stop HIS children from misbehaving but he was otherwise occupied, Ugh! He was supposed to be on vacation too. Time to remind myself of the benefits of him working from home...
Darin and Nathan were saved from having to wash down all the kitchen chairs by sweet Ginger. She has been begging me to decorate Gingerbread houses since before Thanksgiving when I bought them. Unfortunately I kept trying to save them for a time when we were all together but it never quite worked out to the perfect magical moment. Since it was way past Christmas and the day was a dud anyways I figured maybe it will just keep us from wanting to kill each other until Ken was finished with conference calls.
It turned out that making Gingerbread Houses and Trains turned out to be quite magical even in January. My children turned into the angels that I love and we had a delightful afternoon!
Rose's cabin.
Nathan's Toy Store
Darin's house and tent!
Ginger's Train!
My finished products, I love them! Especially when they are happy!
1 comment:
I think you should make gingerbread houses a January tradition. There seems to be a lot more unscheduled time at home in January. And your kids can go to school and tell their friends how cool their mom is. It's the perfect way to deal with the winter blahs.
Post a Comment