Facebook Posts January 2013
January 1- Taking my little men out on a date tonight! They totally deserve it too, they were such sweeties cleaning up the wreckage from last night. Darin even woke up early and cleaned the family room from top to bottom! Then took on another room for me too.
January 2- We are either very early or very late! Making Gingerbread houses.
January 3- I can't believe my crazy men are outside playing airsoft in this freezing, cold weather. Me and the girls are enjoying staying in and making warm chocolate chip cookies!
January 4- This morning I woke up determined to work out before we played around. So far I've done laundry, taken calls, kept the kids on task doing their homework, posted to my blog, washed dishes, made lunch,created a new running playlist...Now if my ipod would finally sync I may possibly be able to get something accomplished today!
January 6- The 2013 family calendar and goal tracker is up! Not really new resolutions but some much needed organization. I'm exhausted already! At least it is no longer just in my brain;)
January 9- The only part of my body that doesn't hurt is my heart. Thanks to my husband's loving care, he's been my nurse the past two days. Feeding me spicy Thai food to open my sinuses, rubbing my back, my feet, my hands to make me comfortable. Having a Downton Abbey and White Collar marathon to distract me from the pain, running errands, taking care of the kids, all while still juggling work when I've actually slept. He's my hero and the love of my life! I just wish I wasn't such a hot, slimy, drippy mess for him.
January 10- Either I am the big mess maker in the house or my kids have been totally cleaning while I've been sick! What a nice surprise to leave my bedroom and find that the house is way cleaner then it's been for weeks!
January 14- Man, those sweet kids made me cry again. While I was at my Dr. Appt. Nathan fed everyone dinner and Darin and the girls surprised me and cleaned my room. Being sick is getting old but feeling so much love from my family is not!
January 15- Rose has the flu:) I guess this is what I get for being thrilled that no one in our family was sick over Christmas Vacation.
January 18- Celebrating Ken's 5 year anniversary with Fortify!January 20- Ginger loved her Primary class so much today that she just HAD to teach us her awesome lesson! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful leaders who teach our children the gospel!
January 21- Updating our calendar for the summer, no wonder we want to go on vacation for a month! It seems like we won't ever see our boys unless we do!
January 23- Best thing I've read in awhile, "If you have a million things to do, adding item number 1,000,001 is not such a big deal. When, on the other hand, you have nothing to do, getting out of bed and washing yourself before 2:00 pm feels like too much work to even contemplate."
January 24- Ginger is so excited to show off her reading skills! We're so grateful for her wonderful preschool teachers!
January 24- Tonight I realized that the nice pitcher that I was frantically looking for this morning for my luncheon was sitting in the fridge filled with chilled water the whole day. When I asked Ken about it later he told me he had filled it up for me since he knew I was hosting the lunch and it brought tears to my eyes. I wonder how many times I overlook all the little things he does to show he cares for me. And how in the world did I ever get so lucky???
January 27- What an amazing and fun night! Dinner with good friends and getting down on the dance floor with Ken!
January 28- We are watching a friends three kids this week while they are in UT and sadly I feel like I'm a much better mom to 7 children then I am to my 4 normally. Giving me lots to think about...
January 30- Re-booked our summer vacation to get better dates, can't wait until July! Actually I can't wait until Thursday evening just so I can hang up the month of July on our calendar wall!
January 31- The kids we are watching are totally loving having big brothers! It is so funny. From asking them to tie their shoes to getting them to play duck,duck, goose. Where they only ever tag the brothers and then run around the entire bottom floor. So cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment