Darin and Nathan had an overnight campout to Enchanted Rock. Enchanted Rock is about 90 minutes away from where we live and is an enormous pink, granite boulder. It is 425 feet above ground, 1825 feet above sea level, and covers 640 acres. I just googled that info because unlike my men I've never been there:(. I think they have gone 4 different times now.
Ken volunteered to drive and stayed for the whole activity. I must say it is mighty nice for him to not be our boys scout leader anymore. He is just along for the ride and gets to help out instead of planning and stressing and dealing with parents which is wonderful! Although I wasn't really very thrilled he went on this overnight because me and Rose had been sick the whole week before and were finally starting to feel better. Plus he has been gone while we were sick. But Ken ended up going with Darin and Nathan reluctantly. When they came home and told me the tales of their adventures I made him promise me that he would go to each and every one from now on.
It was a pretty cold that night but the boys had fun. The next day they hiked the Rock. I think I got twice as many pictures from Ken then I ever did when he was their leader:)
So the reason why I went from whining that my husband is leaving me yet again to ordering him to attend all future camping trips is because they lost two boys (not our boys) for nearly 2 hours on their way out of the caves and because Nathan got punched by another scout who got mad when he dropped his phone. Not when Nathan dropped it, when the scout dropped it. He was mad and thought Nathan laughed at him so he punched him. Nice! I think bringing a phone on an outdoor nature adventure is kind of ridiculous, but whatever, just don't hit my son. My reaction to their adventure is probably why Mom's are not Scout Leaders:) Don't get me wrong the boys enjoyed the overnight and had a great time!








No comments:
Post a Comment