Friday, January 18, 2013

Sickies

Everyone in our family got super sick this month, except Nathan.  Which was totally weird since he is the one who normally catches everything.  But not this time.  It started out with Ken and Darin and spread to me, Rose, and Ginger.  Rose and I had it the worst but I think that is because we got the flu. It took me forever to shake it.  We spent a lot of time at the pediatrician's office.  Oh my goodness, we bless Dr. Cepeda every time one of our kids sneezes.  She is the best pediatrician!
 
Since Rose and Ginger were home half of the month it was pretty nice to have them around.  We especially had fun on baking days!




I made lots of Chicken Tinola and thought of my mom alot.  She always makes this for me and the girls when we are sick.  Look at this Chayote.  It's huge!
Ken took such good care of me the first week I was totally sick.  He fed me lots of spicy Thai food so that my ears would pop and I could breathe through my nose for a little bit.  He also watched all the episodes of Downton Abbey with me and rubbed my feet, back, and basically every other part of my achy body.  It was so awful.  I ended up with bronchitis, sinus infection, and ear infection.  In the end I think I actually had the flu too but they didn't test me for it.  Thank goodness for antibiotics.
Unfortunately for me I ended up getting a little better and then worse again, but instead of Ken being home to care for me he had o make a quick trip to California.  Thank goodness our kids were such sweeties.  I ended up having to get another round of antibiotics and steroids from the doctor.  I came home and my children had a surprise waiting for me.  They had cleaned my whole entire room for me.  It was fabulous!  They kept taking care of me the whole time.  I felt so loved and even though I would never want to be sick like that again, I will never forget all the moments they served me.  Sometimes I wonder what I could have done to deserve such amazing kids!

No comments: