

Eating Breakfast at the hotel- We love staying at Embassy Suites with our kids. What's not to love, there is a separate bedroom so the boys sleep on the pullout sofa, plus they always have indoor pools, and the atrium with fish (or swan's @ the one in Houston) always keeps them entertained. And the breakfast is perfect for our family. We aren't into the normal continental breakfast at most hotels. But we love Embassy Suites Breakfast. Everyone gets to choose their own cooked-to-order breakfast. It was nice to have breakfast with Ken most days, we don't normally do that because I am not a morning person so he gets the boys off to school. It wasn't really too much different at the hotel, he would get them all ready and take them down in the morning, and I would usually follow a little later. I would look down from our floor and see him with all the kids getting all set up with everyone's drink and breakfast. And it was a very nice treat for me to just have to come down and my omelet would be waiting. He got me hooked on omelets with cheddar cheese mushrooms, onions, and sausage. I normally just do my two eggs medium over with hash browns and bacon, but he got me an omelet one day and it was fabulous. A couple of days when he went to work before we got up, we would wake up and there would be trays full of food and hot chocolate waiting for us on the desk. I would have to say the kids were pretty spoiled, and I was really really spoiled. The omelet ladies fell in love with Ken and the kids. One day we were even late and walking through the atrium and one of them stopped us and asked us if we wanted her to make us anything even though they were already in the middle of cleaning up. Unfortunately now my kids are back to cereal most mornings. And I keep promising myself to make Ken his favorite French Toast (it's so rich a delicious and I make it with Allison's yummy oatmeal bread) to make it up for him, for being such a good husband.
The Bartenders fell in love with the kids too. The boys thought they were so grown-up because I taught them how to order drinks at the Manager's Reception, and I would let them give the bartenders tips. They loved that! We always have Shirley Temples, but one day the bartender made up a special drink just for Nathan. She called it a SpongeBob. It's made with Grenadine, pineapple juice, orange juice, sprite, and a drop of sour mix. It was good, but he really loved that she made up a special drink just for him. They also would give the kids cups of candy, and this is on top of the trays of snacks they would eat. Half the time the kids didn't even eat dinner. Hey, we're on vacation anyway! While we were at the hotel I also noticed that Darin isn't into sodas all that much, often he would barely sip any of his drink and would offer it to me or Nathan, YUMMY!
Going to Sacramento- I took the kids up to Sacramento one day to visit my two gorgeous friends Lisa and Malea. The kids played at the park for 4 hours, Rose was in Heaven! And I got to sit and catch up with my girlfriends. Lisa is doing great, she has a super cute haircut, and is busy as ever with working, going to school, being in the Young Women's Presidency, and of course keeping up with the cute boy who should be a hair model; Donovan! Malea is starting her 3rd trimester, she's having her 3rd boy. And I got to see her cute boys too, I can't believe how much one of them (sorry I forgot the name) looks like her brother. To me he looks exactly like how I remember Chas as an 8yr old, but she showed me a recent picture of his as well, a man and he is so grown-up. Lisa and I took our kids to Woody's, that was a nice trip down memory lane, and we got MudPies! It was super yummy. I just can't believe how much older we have all gotten (which of course we don't look any older) but, our kids aren't too far away from the age when we started being crazy together and giving our parents headaches.
1 comment:
I totally forgot about Woody's I miss you lots to bad your already home again and I am just getting ready to leave.
Post a Comment