Monday, March 3, 2008

Trip to Utah

We flew out to Utah on Feb. 13th, sorry make that Feb. 14th. Pretty much anything bad that could happen travelwise happened on our flight out there. We had a flight canceled, delayed, lost a car seat, it took 2 hours for them to find us a rental car. Not to mention Southwests annoying family boarding practices. I'll attach a blog with my angry letter to them later. Basically I wouldn't fly with them if you are flying with more then one child otherwise you will pretty much have to be split up and risk your child sitting next to perfect strangers 5 rows away from you.

Anyway, we went to Utah for Ken's niece's wedding. We loved the wedding, she was gorgeous, and it was really neat to see her get married. Luckily Ken was able to get in to the temple, since he forgot his temple reccommend at home, although that was kind of my fault because I had borrowed it a week earlier for a Young Women lesson. It was really special to be in the temple together seeing a cute young couple get married. The reception was decorated beautifully. They had a cookie bar, and served cute heart shaped waffles (the wedding was the day after Valentines). It was all super cute.

We also liked visiting with Ken's family. His sister Sandra came for the wedding, and so did Ken's parents, so they all got to meet Ginger for the first time. Ginger was super sweet and smiling with them. Unfortunately Rose wasn't too nice. Although she did give them a few Hi-Fives, and then ran away. The boys of course were in Playstation Heaven with Jacob and Eric. I didn't bring Karaoke Revolution this time, since I think Mindy had enough stress to worry about with the wedding.

Allen and Mindy took us all up to their cabin, and that was fun. I braved riding a snowmobile for the first time and it wasn't too bad since I barely opened my eyes. We also stayed the night at Rodney and Tina's, which was fun as usual. We watched a couple of movies, and sat around and laughed at all of the silly things we (meaning mainly me) used to do when I lived there.. Everytime we go out to Utah I realize how much I miss having Mindy and Tina close by.

And I saw one of my favorite friends in the whole world, Tasha. We stayed at her house the last day and a half. Ken was an awesome husband and watched all 7 kids so we could go out to lunch, movie, and shopping together. I miss my girlfriend dates with her soooooo much! I can't wait until we turn 30 (next year, can you believe it! But she is older then me:-) and hopefully we will convince our husbands to let us party together.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I had so much fun and miss you already the time was to short and I still cant believe that neither one of us took any pics.