
Today was a super busy day. After we dropped Ken off at work I drove the kids to Fairfield to go to the Jelly Belly Factory. Talk about a weird deja vu, but I'm old feeling... While driving about an hour I was listening to my ipod to Instanbul, Particle Man, and Birdhouse in my Soul by They Might Be Giants. Just like I did when I was a teenager going to the Jelly Belly Factory. It was so weird. This is off the subject but does anybody else think it is weird that They Might Be Giants has music videos on Playhouse Disney, or that they sing the theme song to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse???
Anyway, so we took a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory. Darin loved it, especially the robots. Nathan liked it, the jelly bean portraits were especially cool, but he hated the sweet smell in the air. Rose loved it, and I did too because we were on the upper floor looking down but they had window cutouts at the ground floor area so she was able to sit in her stroller and see everything. And Ginger, well, she slept through it all. After the tour we got samples, bought some Jelly Flops. I also purchased a box of Bean Boozled and got the boys really excited to do it with their dad (I know. I'm such a good wife:-). Basically it is a box that contains good tasting Jelly Belly's like raspberry jam, pear, coconut, banana, licorice, etc. And also bad tasting Jelly Belly's like skunk spray, pencil shavings, baby wipes, vomit, black pepper, etc. And all of the beans are very realistic, we had a lot of fun that night tricking Ken! Nathan is very proud of the fact that he ate a Skunk Spray jelly bean because after we all saw him eat it we were very afraid to try any that color. The funny thing is that Rose looooves to eat Baby Wipes, and when she ate a baby wipe Jelly Belly in her own words she said, "Yuck" and threw it in the trash.
2 comments:
We love going to the Jelly Belly factory. The girls wanted me to go this time just to get the jelly flops:)
They Might be giants also sing the theme to HIggly Town Heroes...I think it's hilarious! All those dances where we heard them, and now they're singing to our babies!
Post a Comment