Monday, March 3, 2008

Darin's Birthday

Darin's 9th Birthday was on Feb. 9th. Yes, I know we are slackers, since we haven't posted for awhile. Darin's birthday was a Pokemon Theme. We had a trainer camp and he invited 15 of his friends. It was so much fun. They played pokemon trivia, then had a scavengaer hunt/ battled other trainers, played pokemon bingo, and popped about 250 balloons, and watched a pokemon movie. My favortie part was that we had the party at night and it wasn't stressful trying to get ready for a party at noon like usual. We had all day to get ready and enjoy the day with Darin because of course after his party and all of the presents his friends gave him, he didn't pay attention to us for 2 days. And I loved watching the kids dive for all of the balloons. Of course we didn't take a movie of that part, and when we rewatched the movies all of the boys were actually the quitest during the balloon popping part of the night. I guess it just goes to show how much boys can focus when they have something to get done. Darin's favorite part was that 14 of his friends came, trivia, and doing the scavenger hunt. I can't believe my oldest baby is already 9 years old. But I am very proud of the young man he is growing up to be.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

so cute sounds like a blast