



Swimming with the kids- They had a blast! Rose would bring me her swim diaper or her swimsuit a couple of times each day and say "swimming". It is so cute. She still does it even though we are home now, she loves the water so much. Taking 4 kids, really only the 2 babies since the boys are great swimmers, swimming by myself was a handful but we had a ton of fun. Rose is 21 months and she is pretty cautious around water. I bought her a special swimsuit with the life jacket built-in (she hated it in the beginning) which keeps her afloat, but she still needs to hang on to me so her face doesn't go under. Ginger would sleep for a little bit in her car seat, but she mostly came swimming too. So it was me in the pool with a baby in each arm. And of course every time I would do "Ring around the Rosy" with Rose, the boys would swim over and hang onto me, and I felt like a buoy. But it was a really great time, where you just love being a mom! Plus, it was nice having the hotel's pool mostly to ourselves during the day. The pool was heated very nicely so it wasn't cold at all for Ginger. And sometimes Rose would even let her brothers hold her for a couple of minutes (literally). By the end she would jump into the water to Darin and Nathan. Nathan is proud he got her to do it the first time. It's not a big surprise though since he is the one who taught her how to climb up the playground ladder when she was only 12 months old, and this is when the top of the playground's railing wasn't built yet. I took the kids swimming about 8 times by myself, Ken came with us 4 times. We all loved the pool.
Laundry with the kids- The kids thought it was fabulous to do laundry at the hotel. They fought over who could do what. Now, if only they would keep that up at home.... It was weird using coins to do laundry I felt like I was in college again, except my apartments always had bigger and nicer washers.
No comments:
Post a Comment