Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Maybe I'll attend traffic school...

We've been in California for about a week now, just for a visit over Spring Break. Ken hasn't been back to his company's headquarters since January. He scheduled this trip over Spring Break so all six of us are here. Darin is supposed to be writing a journal entry for everyday of his Spring Break, so I figure I should probably update the blog on our adventures.

Weds. March 5th.- We arrive in CA. We woke up at 3:30am so we could finish packing the rest of our stuff, only tolietries and coats, I had started packing on Sunday so all of our clothes and everything else was packed. Packing for a family of 6 for 13 days is alot of work! We were planning on leaving our house at 4am. Yeah, we didn't leave until after 5am, and had to drive 30 minutes to the airport and our flight was at 6:30am. Austin's airports aren't busy so we pretty much flew through every line, and we only made it to our gate during the last boarding group. Talk about cutting close, thank goodness our seats were assigned.

Anyway, so the big exciting thing that happened on our first day, was that I dropped Ken off at his work, and within two hours I recieved my first speeding ticket. Hopefully my only, but I can't make any promises. I can't believe the policeman gave me a ticket even after he heard my whole story about how I was lost and everything, I really was, and I couldn't find the registration because obviously the rental car isn't mine. And then after all of that he said maybe you can go to traffic school. To be fair to him though, I don't think he had much choice since they pulled over a pack of 5 of us at the same time, it was ridiculous.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

you are such a dork. why does that not surprise me that you were 1 late and then 2 got a ticket. I love ya babe