Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Boy's Piano Recital

This past weekend the boys had their first piano recital. Given that Nathan and Darin are the ones taking piano lessons, I don't know how I got roped into playing for the recital too.

Actually I do, they have a very nice older gentleman as a teacher, and he is really encouraging me to play the duets with the boys. It always starts off with. "...from what I have seen of the music you have by the piano, it would be really quite easy for you to accompany your boys." What am I supposed to say to that!?! Actually I think it has helped the boys keep time better and they like practising more when I do it with them. They actually like practising a ton, but when I say I will do it they act like it's the coolest thing in the world. And contrary to how I act, I do enjoy playing the piano --I just wish no one heard me.

Nerves before the recital started

This is the boys with Mr. Moeller, their piano teacher.


After the recital we (Lola and Papa too) went to Tokyo Steakhouse for dinner.


Ginger's expression when our chef started showing off his fancy knife skills. She cried when the flames started up.

Ironically when the boys were 2-5 years old they would cry just at the mention of us going to the "Fire restaurant" and now they beg us to take them. Well, Darin does at least. Nathan prefers Chinese.


Ginger LOVED the Broccoli. She ate about 12 little bunches the whole time at the restaurant. It was hilarious, we couldn't give her enough.



Rose slept through the entire restaurant which was amazing because it was pretty loud. It made dinner more enjoyable only having to entertain one baby. But the Poor girl missed out on her favorite; Fried Rice.

Two very proud parents. The boys did a great job. Especially Darin who was sweet to slow down on the parts that he saw me struggle with when I accompanied him. Our first practice didn't go so well, but after he saw how much I was practicing he really tried to help me out and make me feel better. At one point I asked him if he would rather have his teacher accompany him because I might mess up alot. And he said he would rather do it with me even if we sounded terrible. Awwww, I love my boy!


Anyway, the following posts are clips of their recital.

3 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That first picture of you with the boys is so pretty.
That's awesome that Rose likes broccoli so much. The food there sounds yummy.

Jeannie said...

We call it the "fire place" :) We started going when we lived in California. When Katelynne was a baby she spend the entire time UNDER the table and the people would bring her edemonde the entire time. She had a blanket and little booster chair and everything. Around age 3 she came around and loved it and now they want to go all the time!

Great job on the recital,those are always scary but so fun, especially when it's all over and done and you can look back and relax

Janssen said...

Looks like a fun time! I love that restaurant. . . mmm.