Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sister, Sister

This moment has been building and building and it has finally come to an apex today. Possible reasons why drastic measures are going to be undertaken immediately. (meaning like now, pronto, on the double, lickety-split)

** Ginger has gotten an opinion and let's you know it. Quite frequently, in fact!
** Rose thinks she is "the Mom" over everyone in the house. And that means everyone: Mom, Dad, Darin, Nathan, and Ginger.
** Ginger knows there can only be "ONE, True MOM!" And wants her constantly
** Rose has been spoiled by having such nice brothers who give into her every whim to make her happy.
** Ginger loves that pretty golden hair on her sister head. So much that she tries to pull out fistfulls.
** Rose loves her favorite, precious toys and wants them by her side constantly. Who wouldn't, except her favorites happen to be most every toy in the house. But I can't blame her for the times when Ginger steals something right out of her hand.
** Ginger is extremely attached to her real mom.
** Rose is extremely jealous when Ginger is attached to "her mommy".
** Ginger hates to be picked up (unless by mom), dragged across a room, swung around, wrestled to the floor, or rolled over. I can't imagine why???
** Rose wants to be a fun sibling like her big brothers and she is extremely happy to do the above mentioned. Here's a few clips to prove it.


So I skimmed the few parenting books I do have looking for an answer to my problem. (I barely liked these books the first time I read them when I was a new mom with the boys) Now I absolutely detest them and reading them would actually cause me a migraine (seriously did the authors ever even have a child??? I think not since they obviously would never be able to find the time to write a book). I decided I would do the only tried and true parenting philosophies that I know for sure. For Sure!!!

1. Distraction is like an ounce of prevention. Or in this case it's more like 38 pounds of prevention that would otherwise be aimed at a cute little target named Ginger.

2. More attention from Mom is a cure-all. Yes, I know it's hard to be in so much demand, but at least I'm wanted, needed, yearned, craved, thirsted, and hungered for. (I am quite possibly very tasty too:-) So for this week, I am dropping as many commitments as possible. Thankfully I didn't overcommit and said no to planning the Boys' Christmas parties at school, Darin's class won't be needing us to come up with and do the science experiment this week (that's a whole other blog), my sharing times are planned for the rest of the month, and I'm done with my shopping for Christmas. My focus will be on getting my two pretty girls to have a better relationship with each other-----for my sanity's sake!

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

What a great mommy you are. All the times you gave me the advice to spend more time with the Child having a hard time really did work. I think maybe you are the one who is suppose to write that awesome parenting book. Good luck this week.