Anyway, I was in charge of Rose's Preschool Party. It was fun! Actually it was the funnest one I've done this year. But that probably has more to do with the fact that it made me stretch. Given my previous experience with the boys, I pretty much have ideas for each theme down pat.

I made these corn party favors out of toilet paper rolls with toys and candy stuffed inside and it is wrapped in construction paper and tissues paper. I thought they were cute. Hunting my house at midnight for 8 toilet paper rolls and being successful says alot about how much our family of 6 consumes. Or sadly how we never change out the toilet paper rolls. We (meaning the males in the house) just leave them there. What an odd thing to be thankful for, huh!
I also made Pilgrim and Indian Party Hats. Of course Rose refused to wear one at the party. Ken put this one on to try and convince her.

Since it's a party we played with balloons. The kids loved it and didn't want to stop even after 30 minutes.


Then we made Pies. I made up the filling earlier for a chocolate mousse pie and a no-bake pumpkin pudding pie. The kids got to press the graham cracker and oreo cookie crusts into the muffin tins. They were so cute and I wish I had taken pictures of my little 2 1/2 year old chefs. They were very into it and had so much fun. But my hands were very busy trying to keep them from dumping the crumbs onto their head or licking the spoon. But they were really really cute! Here is a picture of our end products.

After I swished off all the crumbs onto my floor. (Wall-E will take care of it, Wall-E is our roomba that I love!) We did our table decorations. It's just foam that was cut into a rectangles and spray painted brown. I cut off fake leaves and flowers for the kids to push into it. Add 3 candles and viola, you have a centerpiece. I didn't think it was too tacky for being something that a 2 year old can do.

We also made Turkeys out of our hands and the kids glues feathers on, but I didn't get a picture because I was too busy finishing off our yummy lunch. The moms came back to my house at noon and we had a nice lunch together, it's probably one of the funnest parts of doing a joyschool preschool.
We had Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. The other moms finished it off by bringing carrots, rolls, and the oatmeal cookies that Gretchen made were to die for(They were hidden by everything so not many of the others ate them, which was more then fine with me!).


7 comments:
it was a great party!! and that turkey was YUMMY!!!
thanks for hosting us all! I'm excited for the Christmas party - 2 weeks - I'm already coming up with ideas!
YUM! I wish I lived by you so I could come to your party:)
you are really quite crafty and creative steph I wish I was more like you I miss you tons and wish we lived by each other again.
It looks like you did a great job! You are so creative. I also loved the picture of your hubby in the hat, I had to laugh. I can totally picture us doing the same thing.
That's awesome, I love the pies and the corn!
Ok the corn is the cutest idea ever! You are so crafty!
This was an awesome party! Thank you so much for hosting it! That turkey was so delish :) I Correction - I made the cookies - Gretchen made the rolls (which were also to die for). I'm so glad that you liked them :)
Post a Comment