Monday, December 8, 2008

My Silly Girls

It's been awhile since I've wrote about what the girls are up too. They've had some particularly charming episodes the past 2-3 weeks. And well, I'm avoiding writing up my sharing time plans:-(

Ginger has turned into such a mischievous little toddler. She pulls everything out of the cupboards and off of the bookshelves multiple times every day. But she has the cutest smile so all of your frustration melts and you want to kiss her chubby cheeks!

I found her one morning like this with scriptures she had pulled out.

She is very playful! She likes to play games and peek-a-boo.

And her eyes light up when she thinks she is tricking you or when she knows she is doing something naughty. Hmmm, I wonder where she got that from???



She also likes to play be herself. Poor girl, because that rarely happens. She seems to enjoy her space and exploring. We just realized that she is also attached to a favorite blankie. Ken put her down like he usually does at night but with a different blankie. Ginger cried and screamed and we couldn't do anything to console her. That's weird for her because she normally is so easy to put down. After an hour of trying to help her I handed her back to Ken and searched for the blankie. I found it and gave it to her and she immediately went to sleep.

Ginger loved climbing in and out of this box. She loves to climb onto anything and her big sister has taught her how to climb ladders. Yikes! I can handle her doing this though.





Rose has a really Hard Life. At least you would think so if you looked through the smiles she gives me. I swear she was born 40 years old.

It has got to be rough to be this pretty first thing in the morning while stuffing your face with a donut. That takes work!


Getting your toenails painted isn't a laughing matter either.
Ken was taking off my nail polish and I asked Rose if she wanted her toes painted. She said she did. Ken reluctantly got my basket of nail polish and she picked out a color. Then they had this conversation...

Ken: Rose, if I paint your nails you are going to have to sit very still.
Ken: Rose, after I paint your toes you will have to stay still and you can't move.
Ken: Rose after I paint your nails you won't be able to run or play around with brothers.
Rose: Ohhhh-Kaaaaay. (she was extremely serious and said it very slowly for her dad)


So Ken painted her nails. Is it that Ken minds painting toe nails??? Nope, he does it all the time. He just minds her growing up and doing anything too teenager like. And Rose was very good and sat very still during and after.



Here is another episode of my wise little girl. Seriously can you believe she is 2 1/2??? She takes her scribbling more seriously then the boys take their homework (and I've got straight A type of boys).



Rose's play consists of wanting to be a Mommy. Here she is with her slew of children. For the past two weeks she has wanted to take them everywhere she goes, along with her two favorite blankies, and her purse which has very practical things packed in it like cups and spoons (I'm talking the real ones our family uses) her play dishes, and a microfiber cloth that I use for cleaning.

There are many times when she is extremely happy and smiley. I just don't capture it on film. And people rarely see it, since she still cries when she goes to her playdates, preschool, or nursery. But she really really loves her family and is very attached to us. So it's rare for other people to see moments like this where she is completely happy.


The advantage of having Ken work at home is that during the day he can take pictures of me and my baby.

I didn't put her swimsuit on her so she could play in the sink. She just wears her swimsuit nearly every single day. The only times she doesn't is when she has to leave the house, if company comes over (other then my parents), or if it is in the laundry. She still loves it that much, even after 5 months! And she was in the sink because we had toast with jelly on it for lunch and she wanted to wash her hands afterwards. So I sat her on the counter and she went to town.


Well, my procrastinating is done. I have nothing to blog about anymore, I'm completely caught up --check out below if you want to see our tree.

So now I will have to do my sharing time plans, or get in bed and read Vanity Fair. In my decade long quest to read the classic novels, I started this one 2 weeks ago. It's been pretty boring mainly because I have to translate every paragraph after I read it even though it is written in English (just old style English). But now that I am on page 184 it is starting to get exciting.

3 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

So sweet, I love the picture of Ginger reading the scriptures, she looks really into it too. I also love the one where Ken is painting Rose's toes. I don't think I have ever seen a dad painting toes, that is so neat! Thanks for sharing those moments with us.

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Such cuties! I'm glad I got to see them this past weekend:)

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Such fun stuff! Glad you're back on the blogging scene!