Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Family Makes me Happy

First for an update on the sister situation-- I spent two days right smack in the middle of nearly every waking moment the girls spent together. I was on them like White on Rice! It was totally exhausting for me. But it avoided some frustration, and caused quite a few tantrums on both of their sides as I stopped them from imposing their will on the other. I think it worked. You can tell progress has been made when they can watch a movie together without one of them messing with the other.


I also spent time showing them how to share and play together. That part may have worked a little too well but it hasn't quite curbed Rose of lifting Ginger up or trying to carry her. After the second night while I was cleaning out our game closet Ginger was loving Rose lifting her up and tossing her over the side of the couch. Then Rose would follow, they would both bounce off the couch, and Ginger would be poised and ready for her sister to do it again. So the playing is still rough, but at least they are both enjoying it. Ginger loves when Rose "reads" to her, that means she points out what the picture is.



I have to admit I am a fairly shallow person. Just looking at this guy can get my heart racing and pounding. There is just something about him that has always made him completely irristible to me.

You would think Ken would be happy when I tell him he always has his looks to fall back on...apparantly that's not a compliment for a guy. Or quite possibly he can fall back on his carpet cleaning skills. Seriously, is there anything hotter then a man who will steam clean your carpets at midnight because they are driving you nuts and you are going to have a party in a couple of days???

Or it could be the way he flexed his muscles and made two trips to pick up my new entertainment center that I got for a steal on craigslist. And one of those trips included taking the baby, and the other taking the toddler. That sucker was heavy!
Isn't it gorgeous! I just want to stare at it, and stroke it! It's just beautiful.

See how little my TV is in it. Ken had to bring down an old table from my craft room to put it on. But then he had to cut 4 inches off the bottom of the old table because it was too tall. And did I mention he was doing all this setting up at 3 in the morning! He is quite the guy!!!

Ken's Little Helpers. The doors open up and slide back into the unit, it's totally fabulous. And the sides can open up too and have drawers that slide out and hold 300 DVD's. And the best part is that for the cost of a small, flimsy particle board table that I could buy from Target... I got this real wood, heavy, and huge entertainment center that has been gently used. Actually it's pretty pristine, there are a few small marks in one spot, that you would probably never notice.


School is out!!! Yeah!!! I love the kids being home. I always have and I think I always will. This is one of my favorite reasons why.

That's right, I love them being home because we nap together. I love taking a nap, and I refuse to let my kids give it up no matter how much they struggle when they are 3 or 4. That just means it is time to do it together. Naps are always so much better in Mom's bed anyways! Especially when you read stories before and get tickeled by Dad as he tucks you all in. When Ken didn't work from home, we used to make funny, silly, phonecalls to him before we settled down and went to sleep.
It's a family tradition afterall, I used to take naps with my mom in her bed until I graduated from high school. Except now I'm the mom which means I have to get out of bed earlier and do things like finish up making dinner. Poor Dad's never get to take naps.

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I love the naping picture, they look so peaceful sleeping all together like that. Your new intertainment center is awesome too!