Tuesday, December 30, 2008

She said Yes, and I said Wow!


A few weeks ago our little Rose gave us an early Christmas present. She said "Yes" for the very first time on her own. We have been waiting for her to utter some type of word in the affirmative for the past 2 1/2 years. And finally it has happened, and keeps happening. Previously we could sometimes extract an "okay", but usually when she meant to say yes to a question we asked she would repeat what we said. For example:

Mom: Rose do you want a drink?
Rose: I want a drink.

We could never understand why she would go to great lengths and repeat sentences 5-7 words long instead of saying yes. Rose has always been extemely clear on "NO!". In fact the previews for that movie coming out with Jim Carrey were not so funny to me as I thought of my little rosebud.

Not only have we heard Yes, she has started to say all things positive (and actually mean it too:-)
Sure
Yeah
Yep
All Righty
Uh-haa
Mmm-hmm

3 comments:

Reianna said...

What a great picture of the two of you! IT is funny that they will say so many more words before they get the concept of a simple "YES".

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I love those break-though moments! It's exciting to be a mom sometimes.

Natasha said...

im so glad she finally said yes i miss you beautiful.