I wish I could capture how beautiful it is at night on camera. Normally we keep it on the different sparkly settings, until it's time to read scriptures and then one of the boys will set it onto my favorite, slo-glow. That's where it changes from being all red, to all blue, then all green, etc. That's our favorite to cuddle all the kids.
It took us 2 nights to decorate it. I love how from the day we pick out our tree it takes an entire week until it is all set-up and finished. The boys had to go to bed the first night, I always forget how long it takes.
Here is our beautiful tree. It still takes my breath away the first time I see it in the morning, or when we come home.

Inside Ken's Head: "Having 2 monkeys hanging onto my legs makes it so much easier to hang the ornaments."


Inside Steph's Head: "I'm really glad I let the kids climb on top of their play house, entertainment centers, countertops, refrigerators, and anything else they can find for the past 8-9 years. It makes it so much easier to relax." Really, how big of a deal is being 8 feet off the ground???


Even Lola was brave enough to climb up 3 feet.

Ginger was more then brave enough and kept climbing the ladder, I was able to pacify her with the step stool and big jingling bells.



When the step stool and ladders didn't quite reach it, Ken broke out my painting poles. Which caused the boys to grab ones too. We only ended up with 2 broken ornaments from the different pole accidents. Finally we had to take them away since for every ornament they put on the tree they were knocking off four.

4 comments:
Yeah, the tree is up! And it is looking very good this year! I really love the tradition of getting a real Christmas tree and decorating it as a family!
That is one tall tree! That must have been SO much work to decorate it! It looks beautiful!
The tree looks amazing! I've had mine up for 5 days now and it only has lights on it so far!
If I didn't know better I would guess Rose was like 5! She is so grown up in these pictures!
K, seriously the tree is way bigger in real life! I'm glad you posted the pic of the tree on top of the car, I didn't believe you :)
Post a Comment