Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

Like I mentioned earlier we canceled our camping trip for Thanksgiving Week because of my back problems. It turns out that we were very thankful for that since Thanksgiving ended up being FREEZING! Plus, Me and Three of our children were sick. Darin was the only one who wasn't.

Even so we had a very relaxing Thanksgiving and it was very enjoyable. We played a few games. Which I was extremely thankful that I could at least sit for 20-30 minutes at a time in at the table with my family, I hadn't been able to do that for the past week and a half. Of course I still needed my buzzer (it's a 10's unit that does a nice little shock-ey thing and makes it so you feel less pain and your muscles relax)
I was also extremely thankful I could put on a semi-big spread of some of our favorite appetizers. It's our tradition to eat so many snacks all day long that we barely have room for turkey even though we never eat it dinner until 6pm or later on Turkey Day. It was good to be moving around the kitchen (at least as much as Ken let me).
Ginger came up to me and said, "I made a cookie sandwich!" Which is totally true and completely ADORABLE!
See my poor sickies. Instead of passing salt and pepper around the table we passed around the box of tissue.
It was great to just relax together. After playing games we took a nap and watched favorite Christmas movies all day long.

I had to take a picture of our centerpiece. We weren't planning on being home for the big day and I never would have taken candles to set our picnic table while camping. But strangely enough the day before I herniated my discs I was out shopping and decided to pick these up without even thinking why.
It was perfect, the kids LOVED them and it added a nice touch to our day. Even though it could have easily been a day where we blew everything off and ordered pizza (since I was out of commission and everyone was sick) it ended up being one of the best days!
I loved being in the kitchen again! Ken pretty much helped me cook every single dish because he knew how badly I wanted to make our Thanksgiving special. Or from my perspective...because he followed me around everywhere like I was broken:-)

No comments: