As a special bonus my kids wanted to paint too. I don't know why I am surprised, but it was Darin who was the first to want to join in. I guess I just figure someday soon he will want to stop doing things with me or something. Thankfully that time hasn't come yet. Darin found a bunch of wooden paintable items I have leftover from previous years of preschool. The boys managed to scrape together quite a few Christmas ones. We turned on some Christmas music and spent a lovely hour and a half painting!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Tis the Season
I needed to paint some cute crafts that my Relief Society put together for Christmas. They still aren't done because it takes me forever to finish these types of things. But I got the painting done.
As a special bonus my kids wanted to paint too. I don't know why I am surprised, but it was Darin who was the first to want to join in. I guess I just figure someday soon he will want to stop doing things with me or something. Thankfully that time hasn't come yet. Darin found a bunch of wooden paintable items I have leftover from previous years of preschool. The boys managed to scrape together quite a few Christmas ones. We turned on some Christmas music and spent a lovely hour and a half painting!

Of course the girls were totally into the painting too!


Nathan did the most detailed work on his painting projects.
Here I am, still totally swollen from my meds and wearing my buzzer and brace. This night felt like a huge turning point in me healing though. The next day I felt about 50% better.
It's times like this that just make me feel like I have the most wonderful children in the world. There is something magical about all 4 of them enjoying the same activity together and being in the same moment. For one thing it's a rare thing to have everyone eagerly wanting to do the same thing together. Well, maybe that's not all that rare. But I guess it is more that they can all participate at the same level and really enjoy it.
Ginger was so cute, she would hold back her hair whenever she was painting.

Here is everyone's finished products.
Notice Nathan's fine detail on his Snowman. I think Nathan only painted 3 things while the other kids did at least twice that.



As a special bonus my kids wanted to paint too. I don't know why I am surprised, but it was Darin who was the first to want to join in. I guess I just figure someday soon he will want to stop doing things with me or something. Thankfully that time hasn't come yet. Darin found a bunch of wooden paintable items I have leftover from previous years of preschool. The boys managed to scrape together quite a few Christmas ones. We turned on some Christmas music and spent a lovely hour and a half painting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment