Monday, December 13, 2010

Where are you Christmas?

I was really afraid this year that it would not feel like Christmas in our home since we have decided to not decorate. We leave December 14th and will not be home until the 29th so there isn't much point to decorating our home. I don't really decorate for any of the other holidays, I wish I could be a cute mom like that, but I'm not. But, Christmas is my Holiday! I can do that and normally go over the top with Christmas trees, including one in my room and then our huge 14 footer (live) tree in the family room.

I realize now it was seriously stupid to think that a tree or decorations is what makes the holiday for our family. Seriously Dumb! Hello, shallow much-Stephanie!

What makes it Christmas for me is some of our family traditions:
* Having Parties with Friends
* Listening to Ken read us Christmas Stories
* Going on our annual date to pick out (play with) toys for our kids
* The General Feeling of Giddiness and Joy
* And especially...Dancing to fun Christmas Songs. I never really thought of this as one of our traditions but as I was looking at past posts I found this video.

And when I did the dump from my camera I found these terrible pictures!

We were actually listening to the same exact song in the video (probably since it is my favorite) "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey,and Nathan and Rose were dancing up a storm.
This was the best non-blurry picture. I love to see these two together.
Ginger was dancing too, but she chose to do it on the couch. I adjusted my settings so the pics got a little better.
I love to see Rose dance. She is a natural dancer. She is graceful and has rhythm, which is more then I can say for her parents:-)
And the thing that cracks me up is that she changes her movements to match the feeling of the music. This is her interpretation of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

No comments: